Sunday, September 30, 2012

BCT04

"The Way that we Are"

I could count a thousand starts,
swim a thousand oceans,
skip a thousand stones across the bay,
chase a thousand rainbows,
burn a thousand bushes,
smell a thousand roses from the garden.
But I can't change the way that we are.

I can chnage the way I  look,
The way I part my hair,
I could change the way I laugh,
the fixated glare,
I could change the world,
but I can't change the way we are.

Look at me through tender eyes
past my illusive disquise
putting yourself in my personal turmoil
and knowing my every toil
being my support during the hard times
bring me popcorn and M&Ms
seeing lions and eagles on the road
taking me to serenity that I've never known
I could never change the way we are.

Dedicated:
To one of my boys, one of my best friends, a brother, and someone who has stood beside me through the hardest times in my life...Jeff Lupori. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment